Configuring a Warewolf Event Receiver enables you to map a SharePoint List Event Receiver to a Warewolf service.
You can easily configure Warewolf Event Receivers by following the step-by-step process below.
To get to the Warewolf Event Receivers configuration page, click on the Configure Event Receivers link on the site Settings Page within your SharePoint Central Administration. You can find the link here:
Site Settings -> Warewolf Event Receivers -> Configure Event Receivers.
From this page you will be able to map Warewolf Event Receivers to lists hosted in your SharePoint site.
How to Associate an Event Receiver to a Warewolf Service
Associating a Warewolf microservice to a SharePoint List Event Receiver works in following way
- Enter the URL of a SharePoint list, and click the GO button
- On successful search of the list, further operations will become available
- The Event Receivers section (Adding, Added, Updating, Updated, Deleting and Deleted) becomes available for mapping
- You can select one of the configured services from the drop down list.
- When you do this, the available service input parameters from the selected service become available to map to the SharePoint field names
- Map the desired SharePoint list fields to the Warewolf service fields
- When you have finished with your mapping you can click the Associate Event Receiver button at the bottom of the form, which will create the event receiver on the list
- When the selected event fires, the Event Receiver will execute, passing in the mapped fields to the Warewolf service
- If you want to make changes to your mappings, simply follow the process (1-7) above and click the Associate Event Receiver button. This tool will re-create all of the Event Receiver mappings for the selected services