The contribution process is easy and fun!
If you haven’t done so already, please familiarize yourself with the information contained on our Getting started with code contribution page.
We follow a specific branching strategy to ensure that we have clean merges and a healthy blessed repository. Please read about our Branching Strategy.
Before starting with writing any code we recommend that you familiarize yourself with our teams Development Ethos. This document is a good place to start because it outlines all of the development practices that we use to develop with, and maintain a good healthy code base.
At this point you are ready to start developing.
The Pull Request process
After you have completed your work items and the unit tests are all passing, you are ready to contribute your code using the following process:
- Push you code changes to your fork
- Submit a pull request so that we can merge your changes into the Blessed Repository.
To submit a pull request, navigate to your Warewolf GitHub fork in your web browser.
- Click the Pull Requests link on the right menu
- Click the Green New pull request button
- On the next screen, click the Create pull request button after reviewing your changes.
- On the Next screen, you can add any comments that might be valuable to other developers.
- After you are done, click the Create pull request button.
A member of the core development team will pick up your pull request, and run it through our internal Continuous Integration and Code Review processes. At this point, your code will be merged back into the Blessed Repository.