Easily build a backup solution in a few quick steps.
This example shows the ease of building bespoke systems with Warewolf .
We use this solution ourselves because it’s simple and scales well.
Setup for your backup solution:
- From your Warewolf Server connect to the Shared Resources Server at http://store.warewolf.io:3142.
- Deploy the Backup folder to yourself (localhost).
- Click here to Download the template text file and save it.
- Open the template and add in the items you want backed up. The format is described by the header and the examples below that should be replaced with your backups.
- In Warewolf, open Backups > Backup Strategy Implementation.
- In the first Assign set the path of the downloaded template and the email address you want to be notified on if a backup fails.
- Scroll to the bottom of the workflow and set up an email Source by selecting New Email Source… from the Mail Source drop down on the Email tool.
- Debug your workflow by pressing F5.
- When you are satisfied with the setup you want, click on Task in the ribbon and put your backups on a schedule.