In this example we work through how to create a new Database Source inside Warewolf. Follow these simple steps below:
- Inside the Studio, right click on a server in the Explorer and select New Database Source
- Select the type of Server Database from a drop-down list you are working with
- Add the Server details you would like to connect to
- Select User or Windows Authentication Type depending where your database is linked
- Click Test Connection
- Select the database you want to use from the drop down list
If you’re working with a database over a network there is an option for Authentication type which allows for you to provide the relevant user login details. Once entered, the connection is established and the User has access to all stored procedures. At this point you can now create a new re-usable Data Service Connection.
Read more about testing stored procedures using Warewolf .