Scheduling in Warewolf allows you to automate the execution of services and microservices on a given schedule.
The Scheduler leverages and utilises Windows Task Scheduler.
To schedule a service:
- Click the Task icon to schedule a service to run:
- Click on Schedule a new task
- In the right pane, at the top, click the edit button adjacent to the Triggered at field. Set your trigger up and click OK
- Optional: Give your new schedule a name. If you skip this step, the workflow or microservice name will be used.
- Optional: Set the Status to Disabled if you do not want this schedule to run.
- Click the ellipses “…” and select the service you want scheduled.
- Optional: Check “Run task as soon as possible after a scheduled start is missed.”
- Optional: Set the Number of History records to load. This setting determines how much history to show when viewing the history from the History tab.
- Enter a Username and Password that has “Log On As Batch Job Rights”. This is a Windows permission that allows the server which runs as a Windows service to execute the schedule.
- Click Save button on the tool bar